Sunday, August 23, 2009

YouTube, Ghibli and Reptiles (oh my!)

On Thursday my friend Kelli spent the night at my house (I haven't had a "sleepover" since high school at least). We had fun eating, watching movies, more snacking, painting our nails, snacking, and the next day we filmed a Youtube video that we had planned to do some time ago. Won't you give it a look?



Today I saw the Studio Ghibli film Ponyo. It was way better than I thought it would be, and definitely up to director Hayao Miyazaki's (Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle) legendary standards. I highly recommend that you see it while it's in theatres! Another benefit to supporting this film is that if it does well more Japanese movies are likely to be dubbed for English-speaking audiences. (Note: I usually avoid dubs at all costs, but this one wasn't cheesy like most dubs usually are.)

Here's the trailer:

Also, while adding annotations to our video on Thursday, I spotted a funny sight:

A lizard (brought inside and missing its tail, thanks to my two cats) had taken refuge in a stand-up fan in my living room!

My dad later took it outside, where hopefully it is safely out of reach of the devious felines.

In other news, my fall semester begins tomorrow! I'm so not looking forward to waking up early and fighting for a decent parking spot. I also hope/beg/pray that my anatomy teacher is merciful and decides not to use all three of the allotted hours for our lab. [Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.] Science labs are the bane of my existence.

Alrighty, I'm off to prepare my things for tomorrow!

Angela

No comments: