Monday, August 24, 2009

Ensalada Deliciosa


Howdy, folks!

Today I thought I'd share with you my favorite salad recipe, one of my own culinary creations, which I wittily dub "Spinach Apple Salad." It's so simple to throw together, yet it hits the spot every time. It's great as a side salad but can be filling enough to be a meal in itself.

Ingredients:

1/3 to 1/2 bag of spinach (don't forget to rinse it off if it's not pre-washed)
1 apple, sliced into bite-sized chunks (can toss apple chunks w/ cinnamon for added flavor)
handful of walnuts (or substitute your nut of choice)
handful of raisins (or two handfuls, if you're me♥)

Toss together in medium-size bowl and serve!

♥Y♥u♥m♥m♥y♥!♥

My first day of classes went well, by the way, although my hopes of a short lab were utterly put to shame. (2 hrs & 50 min. Good thing I like my professor.)

No comments: