Thursday, August 20, 2009

I hope you dance.


This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
-Shakespeare, Hamlet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy/ but I've got friends that love me/ and they know where I stand"
In a contemplative mood this evening. I'm realizing more and more lately that I need to cherish the friendships that I so often take for granted.

"Everything I am/ everything I long to be/ I lay it down/ at Your feet"
I'm finally at a point in my life where I'm content with who I am and have learned to accept my imperfections. But, like anyone, I still wonder and worry about the future. What will I be doing 5, 10 years from now? What will my life be like? Will I still be close to the friends I have now? Will I be married, dating, single? Where will I be living? Will I have a job that I love? Will I have a better relationship with God?

"I want your symphony/ singing in all that I am/ at the top of my lungs/ I'm giving it back"
I'm uncertain and wish I had all the answers, but I know from experience that worrying only invites fear and depression.

"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance/ never settle for the path of least resistance/ living might mean taking chances, but they're worth taking"
So here's to living in the moment and letting the future come at its own pace-God's own pace.

Angela

No comments: